Wednesday, January 30, 2013

When you just about give up...you get a ton of bites

Well,
I was just about to pronounce myself a loser ( not being able to find work, feeling pretty down about myself), then this week came.

Talent Agency-
Audition with Joey Hunter (Man who discovered Jennifer Connelly and Brooke Shields)
It was definitely a fun experience. But as soon as the model agency said they won't accept anyone into their agency (they take 20% of your earnings) until they went through the Barbizon modeling program first (which costs $2000), I decided I wasn't going to do it. But the audition was good experience/practice, because I hadn't ever done the runway before. So after the interview I was called up by the agency. They said they wanted me. I told them I could not do it because they had classes on Sunday. They called back again saying they could change things and make a special one-on-one program for me. Then the guy explained that I was joey's "choice" and in Joey's words, I had the potential to be a "super star" (made me wonder how many people they just tell that to). So they wanted me to join (honestly I never know what to believe from people). I told them even with changing classes, I was not in the position to pay 2000 for modeling/acting lessons. The guy called back again asking me to ask my parents for the money, he told me to explain to them this was a huge opportunity.  I chuckled to myself and told him I am a grown woman and have a husband, we are trying to make it on our own and I'm not going to beg for money from my parents. Then he called back again asking me if there was any relative or grandparent that was willing to sponsor me....wow, I didn't expect them to be so persistent. The other modeling agency didn't bother me again when I said no because of travel and communication problems. I don't know if I'll ever get anything but I'll keep trying on the side (just in case something pops up).

Care.com-
I actually got 4 people that want to interview with me. I said no to 2 people straight up because they are inner city paying 5 dollars and hour for more than one kid. I have an interview with one tonight, we'll see how they like me (this one has a little baby boy who I would be watching during the day all week, not weekends).

Women's gym (Momentum)-
I used to work in Momentum's "Mini-Mo", which is sort of like a daycare. But it actually has mini exercise classes for the older children, I loved doing those. So I applied again and they want to set up an interview. Pay is minimum wage, however, so it is not my first choice.

First Temp Agency-
There is a Temp Secretarial job at the Harrisburg School District Elementary opening up. It will be for 4-6 weeks, from 8AM-4PM Monday to Friday. The Temp agency called me up to ask if I'd be interested before sending in my resume. Hopefully they like it.

Bankok Wok- I am working at our family friend's restaurant busing tables while I'm in between jobs so we have cash for groceries.


Things will be fine. I know heavenly father is watching out for Scott and I. Things will happen on his time table, I just gotta be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.