Monday, April 1, 2013

EASTER//MOVE!

HAPPY EASTER!!!

So on Monday we had FHE (Easter themed, we watched "He is Risen" on the LDS.org site). Then we made rice crispy nests and dyed Easter eggs (Which you can check out on my MilkAndHoney blog: http://ginnymaemilkandhoney.blogspot.com/p/activities.html ).







So this weekend was crazy stressful and I am definitely sleep deprived. I had been getting everything together and ready to pack in our apartment for quite some time, but my mom came over friday and we knocked it all out! We got everything packed up except essential bathroom stuff and the bedroom. The boys  had moved out the "big stuff" (couch, dining room table and chairs,  and big box TV) earlier that day so we had room for the boxes.

I'm grateful for the men in our lives so we don't have to do that. :-) Though me and my mom moved that couch into the apartment all on our own!

so weird not having furniture again!

My messy sewing room being packed up!





Where did all this stuff come from!?

Then Saturday we woke up early and packed all the stuff into the truck and cars and moved it over to my parent's house. We had to make several trips. We got our bedroom situated, took a little lunch break then went back over to deep clean the apartment, which took all afternoon!









Used to be where our bed was

So exhausted!


Then Scott and I unpacked a little then headed back over to the apartment for one last night, we layed down a blanket and had a picnic in the middle of the empty apartment and made mini ice-cream sundays while listening to Josh Turner. 
:-) 



Sunday was Easter! Scott woke up super early and I sat in bed for half an hour trying to get back to sleep but couldn't. So I ventured upstairs and Scott told me to go get my easter basket. So I quickly hid his and he found it right away of course! Then I hunted for mine, it was in plain view. 

I didn't have any grass to make it look pretty, just filled it with peanut butter cups, eggs, peeps, nuts, and beef jerky. 

Scott went super overboard with my basket. He really is extremely thoughtful! Since I've been having stomach problems and sugar makes it worse, so I've been trying to stay away from it, he got me all the other foods I love! :-) He even got a me an artichoke and star fruit! Honestly, I feel so spoiled and feel so lucky to have such a wonderful thoughtful husband and best friend. 
It did not stop there though, \inside my basket was an egg with a clue in it. He made little riddles for my Easter egg hunt! I LOVED it!

First Clue: "I have eyes that can't see, a nose that can't smell, a mouth that can't speak, and limbs that wave without elbows. The egg is here."

 (The Tree)

Second Clue: "I make noise both beautiful and horrible, depending on who's there. I have pedals, wheels and a seat but not handlebars. The egg is mine!"

 (The Piano)


Third Clue: "I am made out of edible leaves and used for food but you cannot eat me. I am for display only. The egg is in me."

 (My mom's cabbage dishes)

Fourth Clue: " I'm where your brother usually rests his head. But now there is too much stuff to lie here. I am where the head goes. Look hard!"


 (First bunk Bed in my brother's old room)


Fifth Clue: "I am amongst the metal with 3 and 4 prongs. You use me to stab things but I don't cut very well. The egg is inside."

 (Silverware drawer)

Sixth Clue: "Above me is the spot where the love of your life "proposed" for the first time. The egg is beneath me."

 (Couch in my parent's living room)

Seventh Clue: "I cook in the summertime, but it's too cold where I sit in the winter. Inside me!"

 (Grill)


Eighth Clue: "I'm supposed to be made out of cookies, Instead I only hold them, normally I'm only out at Christmas time, the egg is inside me!"

 (cookie jar)


Ninth Clue: "You can't read me, but I have all types of words on me as well as a fresh coat of paint. The egg is amongst the words."

 (Book Shelve)

Tenth Clue: "You should be able to see the next egg from right where you're standing. You're almost there!"

 (On top of the Car)

Eleventh Clue: "You can see the next one!"

 (tree across the yard)

Twelfth Clue:  "This is the last one! Now go and ask your wonderful husband for the keys to your car because he hid your present in the trunk last night."

 (Trunk of my car)

He got me my favorite flowers!!

So much fun! :-) Then we had a nice service at church and had Easter dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's house (Nancy and Stuart).

















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.