Monday, April 29, 2013

Doug's Graduation

Friday 4/26-
Scott had off work friday so we were able to go yardsaleing in the morning before we left for SVU for Doug's graduation. So Scott found a motorized scooter and talked me into letting him get it. It was 10 bux so I figured I could let him have it, since I won't let him have a motorcycle. Now he'll have a little toy to tinker with.
Doug's graduation dinner was that night and he was recognized for graduating with honors and being a part of the "Who's Who in Colleges (or something like that)".






Doug being recognized.



Telling stories and jokes back at the hotel

Grandma giving Doug some word of wisdom

The next morning we attended Doug's graduation! It was fantastic. All the speakers did fantastic jobs including Mitt Romney. I felt really motivated after the whole thing and really feel like I should go get my masters. The Choir was also amazing, they sang a rendition of "Shenandoah".




"Don't spend your life in shallow waters, venture out into the deep."

Professors

Graduates



Beautiful Day out!

Doug talking to some friends

One of Doug's favorite professors


Parents

Sisters



She's so precious!

Grandma is so proud!

Another one of Doug's favorite professors




It was a really great weekend! And Congrats and welcome home Doug!
On the way back home we just had to get a pic in front of the tea pot house:





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.