Wednesday, November 12, 2014

More of Mom's visit (before Liam arrived)

Before Liam's Birth:

My mother was able to come out for a week before Liam was born. She arrived October 9th. My last day at work was Liam's due date October 14th:

October 14th (40 weeks Pregnant)

So once 40 weeks hit we did just about everything under the sun to get baby Liam to come. We finished a bunch of little projects around the house, did crafts, exercised, did yard work, etc. 


Mom painted above our fireplace, with some of our leftover paint. (It used to be a nasty shade of pinkish red, Looks so much better.)


And Scott even put a new back door in. It's beautiful and actually closes and locks correctly :-)

(I will add pics later of the new back door)

Scott grilling us some yummy steaks that we made into fajitas. 

Did landscaping in our front yard.

Now we have beautiful flower beds, was an early Christmas present from my parents. Our home looks more "homey" and less deserted. 

My mom is a freakin' rock star! She helped clean up sooooo many leaves and sticks from our yard.
Yard work- trying to work out baby Liam- 40 weeks pregnant.

Mom and I had a bonfire to get rid of some of the millions of sticks gathered from our back yard. We made the fire pit ourselves. :-) Earlier that day we had gone to Papa Johns and got a half off pizza because the Royals had won and are advancing to the world series....or something like that.  


More than 40 weeks preggers...so ready for baby.

Scott was even able to enjoy the fire for a little after work. Poor Scott has the crappiest work scheduel with two retail jobs (Academy of Sports and Home Depot), most days he's gone all day and doesn't get home until 10PM or later. Crossing our fingers he finds a more tolerable job soon, one where he can spend time with his family.









My mom and I were craving cheese cake one night and we got this peanut butter chocolate death cheesecake recipe from Julie, my sister.

Mom and I walked around the rose gardens at Gage Park one of the days. There were some very beautiful roses.



This one was called "Angel face" or something like that. It is a gorgeous lavender purple and had the sweetest smell. ---Our favorite for the day.







We also went hiking around the Governor's Mansion. It was quite fun...still no baby though.









Our day at "Yak N' Yarn" (a yarn store here in Topeka)- Making  ornaments for the Christmas tree charity auction



Carving pumpkins on Sunday for Halloween



Scott's doesn't quite show up on the camera in the dark, but it was a cute carving of Calvin and Hobbes.

Later Sunday night, we had another fire with friends. We had hot cider, cinnamon buns, and roasted marshmallows. It was fun, and a great way to get my mind off of being overdue. 



The night before Liam came Mom and I took it easy. We had a little craft day, made some cute decorative stars out of the sticks in my backyard, ate at Chipotle, then treated ourselves to some Billy Vanilly's (trying once again to keep our minds off of me being overdue). Mom had decided to go home the next day, the original time on her ticket. And we just came to terms with the fact Liam didn't come while she was here but we still had a nice visit. 

Little did we know he would start coming early the next morning (Tuesday Oct 22, 2014)





1 comment:

  1. I really loved the pre-birth time together. It was a super-fun vacation for me, doing all my favorite things with two of my favorite peeps. Thanks for having me!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.