Sunday, August 25, 2013

Successful First week in Kansas

Friday was a picnic for the Washburn Law students and their families. It was really fun to meet all the people Scott will be going to school with. We made a few friends, though all their parties require us to go to the local bars, but it's nice to get acquainted with some people.
When Saturday rolled around I was so relieved! Scott and I have both been so busy this first week in Kansas we couldn't even unpack our boxes/cook real meals. This Saturday we were finally able to attack the mountain of boxes and get unpacked enough where we can see the floor and walk through each room instead of climb. One problem I have come across is that we don't have much room in our tiny apartment and we seem to have accumulated a ton of stuff our first year of marriage. We have no idea where to store it all. Our apartment basically looks like a storage unit at the moment, but I was able to work my magic a bit to make it feel a little more homey. Follow this link to see what I did with my sewing room and living room so far. :-)
--> http://ginnymaemilkandhoney.blogspot.com/p/crafting.html
I was finaly able to do some grocery shoping and meal planing this weekend. I've been so tired of easy make/fast foods. I tried two new recipes, Ginger Thai soup and Eggplant pizza, both of which were excellent. You can find both recipes on my MilkAndHoney blog--->   http://ginnymaemilkandhoney.blogspot.com/p/cooking.html

Last night Scott and I watched "The Great and Powerful Oz" in true Kansas spirit. I have yet to watch "The Wizard of Oz".

Scott and I were finally able to attend our new ward today, everyone is so nice....but very different from EastCoasters. Scott's impression: "They act like they've been stranded on a desert island for so long and this is their first contact with people outside their world." They're cute. I talked to a lady in church today who told me to get out of Topeka as soon as I can, she's been here since 88 and "can't escape", that was reassuring...haha.


So....a successful first week in Kansas.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Oh man... none of that made Topeka sound very appealing. My sister-in-law Kalie completely loves Topeka... you should talk to her. Maybe she can make it seem not so bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I think people are exaggerating when they talk to me...or I attract the negative Nellys, but I definitely will be calling her once things settle down a little. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.