Thursday, August 8, 2013

We're Kansas residents now! :-)

Wow, Life is so crazy! First we drove down for the Speck family vacation in North Carolina, then drove back to Pennsylvania, packed for our move to Kansas then the next day we left for Kansas.


The way our GPS took us we crossed into Maryland, West Virginia, back to Pennsylvania....
...back to West Virginia...

Into Ohio...
We were hoping to make it to Kansas in one day but we got too exhausted and were running behind schedule so we stayed in a motel in Indiana:

The next day (Tuesday) we traveled.....
through Illinois...

through Missouri...and a quick stop at DQ ;-)

All the way to Kansas, where Scott and I had quite the shock when the apartment we were given turned out not to be the one we thought we had signed up for...not even the same apartment complex. We also walked into our apartment and couldn't even breath, the smoke was so thick and when Scott and I drug our mattress to our top floor apartment, we nearly passed out because we couldn't get fresh air in our lungs. We have talked to the manager about it and she will have someone clean out our air ducts next week when we are gone. We need a place to stay and we only signed a 6th month lease so we will be fine. Scott and I unloaded a lot of the truck ourselves because it was hard coordinating times with our new ward, but they showed up at the end and helped (thank goodness, we were dieing). 
My mom was soooo amazing and provided us with all of our "starter food".

Our cluttered apt....we need to unpack.

Yay! ALL DONE!

I also had a job interview today and got a job that starts the day after we get back from The Tillery family reunion in Utah (which we leave for early Saturday morning or Friday sometime...depends on if we get everything straightened out for Scott's law school because he also starts school the day after we get back from Utah). The job is a temporary campaign season job but they are considering me for the permanent position, which pays better and would be so great so I didn't have to look for another job in a few months. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.