Tuesday, February 26, 2013

FHE

So I was in charge of FHE tonight and to start out with a "lesson", We watched this motivating video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70e1TfN34w . I chose this to remind Scott and Myself to just slow down and prioritize. We've been so stressed with getting everything into place to move wherever Scott gets into lawschool and trying to come up with a backup plan if he does not and working to pay bills. It's easy to get caught up and not enjoy every day and tiny moments that can be had throughout the day that can really build a relationship. At my current job there's this man who sends out daily quotes in e-mails to people and this last one was "Don't just count the days, make the days count". And I started thinking to how I come home and check facebook and serf around on the web a little and what starts out as just a quick thing will easily turn into an hour then another. With that time I could've finished the book I started or the painting sitting in my art room, learn a song, make a lovely meal for Scott, choreograph a dance, make a book, etc. Then when Scott comes home if I'm all immersed in the comp or my ipad that I am not giving enough time to him, and missing out on previous activities.
After our lesson, we snacked on boneless chicken wings while doing MadLibs! It was so much fun! There were so many funny ones but this was our favorite:


:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.