Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Life of a Full Time Mom and Full Time Employee.


My day starts with me getting up at 5AM so I can take a shower before Scott has to get ready for work. Then I attend to Liam while throwing on hopefully clean clothes and attempting to brush through my hair. Once I'm semi decent I get Liam ready (sometimes a few times because he'll pee on his outfit or something), and head off to work. I work 9 hours straight but get paid 8 hours, since I breastfeed Liam that counts toward my "hour lunch break".  When I get home from work I pick one thing to finish (laundry/ dishes/ etc), and I attempt to finish it. Then it's the never ending attempt at bedtime where Liam wakes up every few hours to get changed or to eat. Scott will come home sometime between a feeding and me dozing off, I usually don't notice until I wake up for the next feeding/diaper change (sad, I know).  At the end of every day I'm just grateful I made it through that day...sometimes you just gotta take it one day at a time, and tell yourself, it will not be like this forever...I can get through this time. Yes, I am grateful for Liam and to be a full time mother. Raising a family is one thing I wanted most. And yes I am grateful to have a decent job that will let me take Liam to work with me so that I don't have to put him in daycare so young. Yes these are huge blessings, but I must be honest...I'm being worn thin. Being a full time mom was hard enough. I pray and hope every day that Scott finds employment that can sustain our family (I don't need to be rich or well off, just have enough to get by and pay bills) so I can focus on being a mother to Liam, building our home, being a good companion to Scott, and take better care of myself. It's all I can do to make sure I eat something during the day. Scott is trying hard, and I am grateful for his hard work at both his jobs. I miss him immensely when he has to work both jobs in one day (often). I just hope our schedules eventually sinc to where we see each other more often.


That being said, I do love being a mom. Liam makes me so happy, and is just the sweetest cutest kid....when he's not being fussy. ;-p  And Scott is such a good dad. I love watching him with Liam.

The day before Thanksgiving break was my first day back to work, also Liam's first day of work with me. I went into panic mode as every person in the office and outside of the office touched his feet and got super close to him (there is a flu/cold going around the office, everyone is coughing), hoping he doesn't pic up anything from the office.

Watching mama work.

So happy!

Love my boy.



This past week Scott's family (sister and parents) were able to come out for Liam's blessing and celebrate Thanksgiving with us. I am so grateful they were able to make it out, Scott hadn't seen his family in so long.

Myriah, Scott's sister came out first. She was able to join us at our Bishop's house for Thanksgiving dinner with friends from the church. 

  


Liam's first Thanksgiving!


Turkey Coma



My personal Butterball


Myriah also came with us "Black Friday Shopping", which consisted of a quick trip to Walmart (no good deals), a trip to the mall (tradition to get a photobooth pic on black friday), and to Lowes to pick out our Christmas Tree. 

Haha, didn't want to smile.



Myriah found her Christmas Present. :-)

First Christmas Tree!

Laughing at Aunt Myriah

Scott putting up the Star

All tuckered out from decorating the Christmas Tree


Scott's Parents arrived Friday night



Liam getting to know Grandpa Tillery

Saturday night we went out to eat and saw a little of the "Miracle on Kansas Ave" parade. 

Liam's first parade, The firetrucks scared him, but he loved the lights. 

Sunday was Liam's blessing:



His cute lil' outfit.

awww my sweet boy.

He did not want his picture taken

That's the closest to a smile we could get. :-)

Sunday after church we had our own Thanksgiving dinner because Scott's parents didnt arrive until after thanksgiving:


Spending time with Grandma Tillery.

Had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.