Friday, October 25, 2013

Celebrity Serve Fundraiser

So we will most likely hear back from the appraiser on monday...hopefully. I'm hoping all goes well...

Life has been going alright, our landlord finally agreed to let us out of December but we have to pay the full November and be out by the 24th (week before thanksgiving). Bleh. So hoping to find a place to stay by then.

Scott's been trekkin' along with Law School. One of his classes is having there finals the end of November right before Thanksgiving. So that's comin' up here pretty soon.

Last Sunday we had a lovely dinner with one of the couples from our church that is attending law school here. It was nice to go hang out and make friends.

Thursday night United Way had their fundraising event at Lazy Toad (restaurant/bar). The Campaign Ambassadors (what I am) all dressed up as "celebrities" and waited on tables, a percentage of the proceeds and all of the tips went to United Ways. Hence why they called it "Celebrity Serve". Scott even came to support me and I got to serve him, so that was fun. My favorite thing that happened that night was a little boy, probably about 4 years old, came up to me with a few cents and "tipped me" because he liked my costume. I later found out from his mom that he had saved up in his piggy bank to donate at this even. It was adorable!

So I just quickly put this one together, but I want to do a pic like this for the united way and instead of saying "We Can Do It!" It will say "Live United!".
















1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.