Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Moving Yard Sale and De-junking to move

Saturday I had asked for the morning off from my job so we could be a part of our community yard sale! :-) I was so excited because last year Scott and I made $50. So I was hoping to make more than that this year to help us  with the move,  because we had more stuff to sell this year. It was freezing cold all morning so there wasn't as many people out as we had hoped. I ran the yard sale while Scott went around and shopped. So between me making $20 at the yardsale and Scott spending $10 our total profit of the day was $10. At least we didn't go in the hole :-) We could buy a sandwich on our trip with that money. It was just disheartening because people were awfully rude and actually steeling stuff. Yardsales are about bargaining, but that is asking: "Will you take 3 dollars for something that was 10" rather than taking the item giving 3 dollars and running away. Oh boy, people are so selfish these days.

Scott and I finally found an apartment near Washburn that is opening up in July, we applied for it and are keeping our fingers crossed. I'm getting so anxious and excited about the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.