Saturday, September 7, 2013

Weekend fun

Friday the law student wives held a girls night, but I missed it due to getting home from work late and not feeling too great. We were able to go to the "Art Walk" for a little bit. It was really neat. You started out with a little kit (disposable camera, sidewalk chalk, glow sticks, lolly pops, and a map inside a mug.). The night was about being artistic, there were bands playing on the street, craft vendors, and art displays everywhere. We were encouraged to take artistic pictures with the disposable camera and draw on the sidewalk with the chalk. We had a blast! There was also hula hoop and fire dancers and bands playing. There was also a "Roller Derby" game going on in one of the parking lots. I never heard of it before, but it was fun to watch...sortof like football with no ball and on roller-skates.


(don't worry we're not smoking, those are lolly pops in our mouths.)


Scott and I created this piece of art.

Though I wasn't feeling too well we had so much fun!

At one of the "galleries"

Near the Burger Stand (The hip bar for all the college students)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.