Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Getting ready for the Holidays

So I'm extremely excited!!!! My whole family is coming out for the Holidays!

Scott and I have been working hard on getting everything together for their arrival...It's been tough since we only have one car and I work all day long.

Tonight was a super warm night, so we attempted to get all the leaves raked up in our front yard because we haven't had time to do that during the day.

Yes, that is me in the middle of our leaf pile. And this is after we already filled 4 bags!

LEAVES

It even covered Scott completely

:-)

Raining Leaves!

As we were racking leaves this cutie came up and kept me company. REALLY friendly neighborhood cat. :-)
After that, we worked on the kitchen the rest of the night (we're, mostly Scott, are rewiring some electrical boxes now). 

Here are some pics of our progress in the kitchen:

When we first moved in: Vinyl floors, and we found a rotted spot under the counter (the rot didn't reach the baseboard thank goodness), nasty old cabinets (they look cute in the pic, but up close...not so much).

                                                                  Ripping up the Vinyl


                                                                           Prepping

                                                                     Yeehawww

I cut straighter than Scott!

Mine


Scott's ;-p





Yay Tile! (Before Grout)
Getting the Wallpaper off before I found a better way to do it.

                                                                       I wet the walls, scraped and peeled....not very effective...


We found this thing at Home Depot: This thing is super awesome! It puts little holes in the wallpaper then you spray it with vinegar and warm water (they had a "wallpaper remover" solution, but it was expensive and vinegar and warm water worked just fine!) let it settle for a bit, then peel it right off!
Look how much better it works! AWESOME!




Doing electrical before patching up walls then gonna put the counters back in temporarily so we have a kitchen for the holidays. :-)






Getting so excited for my family to come out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.