Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Whatchya think?


Hey to all who read this blog. Today is one of my "half work days". I work ridiculously long hours every day so I can have Tuesdays and Fridays as half days. I needed it today. I've been so incredibly tired lately. I have been having some health issues, which we don't know what is wrong yet, so I'm fatigued. But life has still be wonderful.

Update on our garden-->
Our garden is doing okay. We have some tomatoes and peppers growing. I'm happy to see some of the watermelon is growing, we have cute baby mini watermelons. But our other plants are seriously lacking in something. I was told by a friend that if you crush up egg shells and mix it in the soil that it's supposedly great nutrition for plants. So I think I will try that and let you know what happens.


 Our Pumpkins, Peas, and Beans are doing horribly!!! I have no idea how to save them. Any ideas!? :-) I would appreciate it.


So Saturday night we had a family bowling night which was fun. And then Sunday we were able to go see my grandma and aunt and uncle in West Virginia. While we were there, we were hit by a huge storm that seamed like a tornado or hurricane. I was very scared. Some trees came down and blocked the roads so we had to clear them before we could leave for home.





Being at my aunt's and uncle's house was so inspiring! I really want to eventually have land and be sort of self sufficient. You know, have my own garden and some animals (sort of a mini farm). By the looks of how my garden is doing now, I don't think that'll be any time soon. ;-p  Hopefully by the time we can afford land, I'll figure the whole gardening thing out.


PS. To page viewers, I would really like some feedback :-) It's encouraging to get comments and such so I don't feel like I'm writing to an empty internet space. :-)  Feel free to write something!





2 comments:

  1. You should also chop up banana peels to put in the soil of your tomatoes. It works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will try that and post what happens. Though I'm beginning to think I started too late with the garden....it's already August and I'm not getting much produce.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I graduated from BYU-I with my Bachelor's in Integrated Studio Arts with a custom clustered minor in Dance and Health Science. I met my husband my senior year of college and fell hard pretty fast (which is very unlike me). We got married May 12, 2012. Moved to Kansas in 2013, and had our son Liam 2014.